August 06, 2015

Go West Old Man



I'm planning a solo truck-camping road trip around the western part of the United States of America. This has, for as long as I can remember, been a dream of mine.  It is my hope that by sharing my adventure, others may be inspired to pursue theirs. 

I didn't wake up one morning and decide, "Hey! I'm gonna quit my job, sell all my shit and live off the grid".  (Though, if you pine for that lifestyle, Ryan at www.desktodirtbag.com puts up an interesting discussion for such a life, one I certainly found enticing.  Read his blog! Buy his swag!  If you have any inclination for such a lifestyle, his website is a must read. Thanks Ryan! You are awesome.)

No.   ...quite the opposite.  Planning has been going on for about two months.  I've bought and learned how to use a lot of gear, much of which is for survival, safety and recovery. I hope never to use most of it. 

So a little background...  I've lived for 13 years just outside Chicago, IL.  I'm 56, divorced, two grown kids (Hi Kids!), I've a great woman (love you, Stella) and a decent job.  I am far from wealthy. I've no religious affiliation. I'm a Scorpio and I'm 5'6''.

Keep reading. This is my first crack at writing anything longer than a well-constructed paragraph. It should get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment